mens behaviour change
Engage2Change is a 16-week (maximum) Men’s Behaviour Change program. The program supports men in exploring their use of domestic violence in a respectful setting that supports behaviour change. Engage2Change is not an anger management program. The focus is on domestic and family violence, and the safety of women and their children
About the program
The process starts with up to four individual assessment sessions.
Men self-assess to see if they are committed and ready to work towards non-violence and accountability.
They also assess if they are ready to take responsibility for their past or current use of violence with a partner or ex-partner.
These sessions prepare a man for the 12-week group program, with up to 11 other men, who are also ready to work towards change (non-violence).
Throughout the 12-week group program men:
- explore the impacts of their abuse or violence on their partners, children, themselves, and others
- look at different ways of responding to conflict- how they contributed to the problem and how to take responsibility for their behaviours
- learn communication skills, self-reflection and how to deal with strong emotions
- explore ideas about a man’s role in the world and in relationships, and look at thinking that helps or hurts their relationships
- the program provides options for support to current or previous partners and their children, who have been impacted by their violence
Our Men’s Behaviour Change program is accredited by the NSW Attorney General and Justice Department and holds membership with the NSW State Men’s Behaviour Change Network.
Kempsey Families Inc. is the lead agency delivering the program, in partnership with Liberty Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Services Inc. in Port Macquarie and Warrina Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Services Ltd. in Coffs Harbour.
The Engage2Change program is delivered in Kempsey, the Nambucca Valley, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie on the Mid North Coast, NSW.
Read more about Engage2Change- Men’s Behaviour Change program.
P: 02 6563 1588
M: 0437 737 818
Download the Engage2Change Flyer
Visit the Engage2Change website to learn more about this important program.