Kempsey Families Inc. is committed to providing our clients with a quality service that supports their individual circumstances.
As our client you have the right to:
- have control over your life and decide if you want to become a client and access our services
- have a say in the services provided to you and the way they are provided
- appropriate support that meets your needs and is flexible so it can adjust to your changing needs or priorities
- expect services that are reliable, of a high quality and are culturally and linguistically appropriate
- not to be discriminated against on the grounds of sex, race, culture, language, religion, marital status, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- to be treated with respect for your individuality privacy, safety, dignity, courtesy and confidentiality
- access any of your personal information held in the Kempsey Families Inc. records to help you make informed decisions about yourself and your family
- have any grievances about our services, heard and dealt with in a fair and objective manner
As our client we ask you to:
- provide staff with all the information they need, so they can give you the most suitable support- this includes current court or statutory orders relating to child safety, justice, or domestic violence orders
- provide details of any court or statutory orders, including changes to the start and expiry dates, or conditions for you or other people
- communicate clearly with your caseworker, the Executive Officer, or the Management Committee if you have any concerns or grievances
- provide feedback if you are not happy with the support you receive- if you have a complaint, we direct this to the Executive Officer who deals with it confidentially and in a timely manner
- make positive changes in your life when you decide to become a client and participate in our programs
Kempsey Families’ staff are mandatory reporters.
This means they MUST lodge a report to Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) if they know or suspect that a child or young person is at risk of significant harm.
Kempsey Families Inc. is committed to maintaining your privacy and confidentiality.
However, we provide statistics to the government to help them create future programs and provide funding.
The data we send them does NOT include your name and is combined with other clients’ data- so it is anonymous and used for statistical purposes only.
If you do not give your consent, you will still receive the same level of service from Kempsey Families.
"Our vision is for a safe, equitable and inclusive society where children,
families and communities are safe, healthy, resilient, and connected."
Download our Client Brochure
Download our Annual Report
Download our Privacy Statement