What we do
- Kempsey Families delivers high-quality, responsive family support and specialist domestic and family violence services.
- We work in partnership with the community to enhance the safety, health and wellbeing of children, young people and their families.
- We deliver services and programs across the continuum of interventions that are trauma- informed and strength-based, through promoting self-determination and empowerment.
"Our vision is for a safe, equitable and inclusive society where children,
families and communities are safe, healthy, resilient, and connected."
We are committed to:
- Delivering responsive, evidence-informed services and practices
- Building and delivering culturally aware and responsive services
- Being leaders in innovative programs that work with children, families, and communities
- Sustainable, responsive, and accountable governance practices
Focus and Approach
Kempsey Families is committed to developing safe, supportive, and resilient families and communities, which enable individuals and families to flourish.
Kempsey Families delivers a range of services and programs that support the wellbeing and nurturing of children and families, especially the most vulnerable and disadvantaged.
We work with families, women, children, young people, and others at risk of, or who are experiencing domestic or family violence.
Kempsey Families Inc. was founded in 1993 in the Kempsey Shire LGA on the Mid North Coast, NSW.
It has grown from a team of three people with just one program, into a dynamic and innovative organisation providing a wide range of specialist domestic and family violence and family support services.
Kempsey Families has grown in the region due to:
- an ongoing commitment to understanding the needs, service gaps, emerging trends and vulnerabilities of children, families, and the community
- working collaboratively with individuals, families, and partner agencies
Kempsey Families continues building on their existing strengths in enhancing the safety, health and wellbeing of children, young people and families across the Mid North Coast, NSW.