SpeakOut4Kidz supports women and children impacted by domestic and family violence through three programs: Kiddy Katz, Kidz group, Women on the Verge.
These programs include:
- small group support during school terms
- information about the impacts of domestic and family violence on children
- help connecting to other community organisations and programs
- support for women who have experienced domestic and family violence
- referral pathways to ongoing support if needed
- SpeakOut4Kidz program goals are to:
- support women and children
- create smooth referral pathways for further support
- provide a safe, inclusive, and fun environment
Kiddy Katz is for children ages 5- 8 years who have been impacted by domestic and family violence.
The 8-week program runs during the school term. Children may be collected from school and may be dropped back at school or at home. Snacks are provided.
Kidz group is for children ages 8- 12 years who have been impacted by domestic and family violence.
The 8-week program runs during the school term. Children may be collected from school and can be dropped back at school or at home. Snacks are provided.
Women on the Verge
Women on the Verge provides support, information and encouragement for women impacted by domestic and family violence, in a safe and supportive environment with experienced facilitators.
Women on the Verge is an 8-week program which runs during the NSW school term. Transport may be arranged, and morning tea is provided.
The program covers:
- understanding different forms of domestic and family violence
- the cycle of violence
- the effects of violence on women and children
- how to make positive life choices
- raise awareness about safety strategies
- barriers to leaving an abusive relationship
- how to build positive relationships
- alleviate stress and learn relaxation techniques
- develop self-esteem and confidence
- develop and maintain strong boundaries
For bookings or referrals to these programs:
P: 02 6563 1588
M: 0488 631 099
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800
Family Support and Connect (Pathfinders): 1800 758 589
After Hours Child Protection Service: 1800 066 777
Staying Home Leaving Violence: 02 6562 1588
Download the SpeakOut4Kidz Flyer (PDF format)
Visit the SpeakOut4Kidz website to learn more about this important program.