Our Women’s Group
Women on the Verge is an 8 week program providing support, information and encouragement for women dealing with the effects of Domestic and Family Violence.
Participants benefit from a safe and supportive environment with experienced facilitators.
The Women on the Verge program covers:
- the cycle of violence.
- the effects of violence on women and children
- move towards choosing more positive pathways.
- build positive relationships.
- alleviate stress and learn relaxation techniques.
- develop self-esteem and assertiveness.
- Support for women impacted by Domestic Violence
- Provide education and promote empowerment
- Raise awareness about safety strategies
- Referral to specialist supports
- Increase awareness about the impacts of domestic violence on themselves and their children
- Increase awareness around the societal influence on gender imbalances and patriarchal structure
- Promote positive life choices
Women on the Verge is run on Thursday mornings from 10am – 12.30pm during school terms. Transport can be arranged if required. Morning tea provided.
For bookings and referrals, call 02 6563 1092 or send an email to: