Our Women’s Group
Women on the Verge is an 8 week program providing support, information and encouragement for women dealing with the effects of Domestic and Family Violence.
Participants benefit from a safe and supportive environment with experienced facilitators.
The Women on the Verge program covers:
- the cycle of violence.
- the effects of violence on women and children
- move towards choosing more positive pathways.
- build positive relationships.
- alleviate stress and learn relaxation techniques.
- develop self-esteem and assertiveness.
- Support for women impacted by Domestic Violence
- Provide education and promote empowerment
- Raise awareness about safety strategies
- Referral to specialist supports
- Increase awareness about the impacts of domestic violence on themselves and their children
- Increase awareness around the societal influence on gender imbalances and patriarchal structure
- Promote positive life choices
Women on the Verge is run on Thursday mornings from 10am – 12.30pm during school terms. Transport can be arranged if required. Morning tea provided.
For bookings and referrals, call 02 6563 1588 or 0488 631 099 or alternatively send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org