Position: Specialist Family Caseworker – Child and Youth Focus
Accountable to: Executive Officer, Management Committee
Direct Supervisor: Executive Officer
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Classification: As per contract of employment
Hours of work: As per contract of employment
Kempsey Families Inc. (KF Inc.) is a not- for- profit organisation providing a range of specialist services for women, children, young people, families /caregivers and men. www.kempseyfamilies.org.au
- Relevant tertiary qualification and /or three years minimum working experience in domestic and family violence (DFV) and/or early childhood and/or family studies
- A passion to work with families to support children and young people to achieve positive outcomes
- An understanding of children and young people’s learning and developmental milestones.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to engage, negotiate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A clear understanding and empathetic attitude of the issues confronting vulnerable families (including ATSI, CALD) domestic and family violence, substance abuse, mental health, child protection, parenting, and relationships) and their impact on women and children.
- Current risk assessment skills, safety planning experience and case management knowledge to complement and support the work of the suite of services in Kempsey Families and the local service sector.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply human development theories when working with families.
- Ability to assess the needs of vulnerable families and develop respectful collaborative relationships with clients using a strengths-based, solution focused, trauma informed framework.
- A pro-feminist approach to understanding and working with domestic and family violence and a demonstrated understanding of the social and gendered context of domestic and family violence and the impacts on women and children
- Sound understanding of the theory and practice as it relates to working with families impacted by societal disadvantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated time management, administration and computer skills including data capture (DEX, CIMS)
- A willingness to maintain a comprehensive knowledge of studies, trends, and training in the DFV and Family Practice Sector
- Current Working with Children Check and current Criminal Record Check
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Capacity to be flexible, adaptive, and incorporate change in a work environment that is characterised by change.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the service sector across the Mid North Coast
Kempsey Families Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ATSI, CALD and DIVERSE applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary and Conditions in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
Grade will be based on skills, qualifications and experience.
Under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 it is a requirement prior to employment to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
A written application is required and MUST address ALL of the essential and desirable criteria.
Closing Date: 20th July 2021