Kempsey Families Inc. has supported the vulnerable and disadvantaged in our community for over 25 years and continues to do the same work and service delivery as we face the COVID -19 Pandemic in our community, across NSW, Australia and the world. In fact, all families we support need our support more than ever, particularly those impacted by domestic or family violence, poor health and financial implications as we self- isolate. It means the team at Kempsey Families Inc. are just doing things a little differently.
We know that this current health crisis can place women and children at heightened risk, so if you are in immediate danger call 000.
Otherwise reach out to the Helplines: 1800 RESPECT at 1800 737 732, DV Line at 1800 656 463, Men’s Referral Service at 1300 766 491 or our service on 6563 1588 ( between 8.30am and 4.30pm) Monday to Friday.
To promote the health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers and community we have implemented the following:
- Kempsey Families Inc. is an essential service and so we will continue to operate our core services during this time. Most of our services can be delivered via online platforms and phone link ups.
- Our business address is only staffed occasionally when required for resources, printing or other administration tasks , so the best way to contact us is via 6563 1588 or our email@example.com
- No onsite client appointments are currently available as we practice and adhere to physical and social distancing directives.
- Staff are available directly through their email contacts and mobile lines. Kempsey Families Inc. is following the latest updates from our Health and government authorities and revise our COVID response each day.
- For all the latest information on COVID-19 please visit https://health.nsw.gov.au or https://abc.net.au
We are all in this together
June Wilson – Executive Officer and staff of Kempsey Families Inc.