Position: Women and Childrens Advocate – Men’s Behaviour Change Program (Engage2Change)
Accountable to: Executive Officer – Management Committee – Mid North Coast Consortium
Direct Supervisor: Executive Officer
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Classification: As per contract of employment
Hours of work: 28 hours per week
Kempsey Families Inc. (KF Inc.) is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of specialist services for women, children, young people, families /caregivers and men.
Kempsey Families Inc. is the lead organisation for Engage2Change the Mid North Coast Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP). The Program is in partnership with Warrina Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Services and Port Macquarie Hastings Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Service, known as the Mid North Coast Consortium (MNCC).
About the Position
Men’s Behaviour Change Programs are currently the main type of service available for men who use violence. Men’s Behaviour Change programs support men who have used abusive and controlling behaviours towards their partners or family members to change their behaviour and seek to build healthy and respectful relationships.
While details of these programs vary from one organisation to the next, there are common components and Practice Standards for Domestic Violence Behaviour Change which all programs must meet.
The Men’s Behaviour Change program will be delivered in Kempsey, Nambucca Valley, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie where it is known as Engage2Change.
The Women and Children’s Advocate will work closely with the E2C team and offer support to women and children whose partner or ex partner is engaged with E2C across the Macleay and Nambucca Valleys
For more information about this project please visit the website here. http://engage2change.com.au
Kempsey Families Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ATSI and CALD applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary and Conditions in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- Grade will be based on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 it is a requirement prior to employment to hold a valid Working With Children Check.
- A written application is required and MUST address ALL of the essential and desirable criteria.
- Closing date is 11th October 2018 at 3pm
- No late applications will be considered
- Interviews to be held for successful applicants week commencing 15th October 2018.
Please send your completed application to;
Kempsey Families Inc.
PO Box 420, Kempsey NSW 2440
Ph: (02) 6563 1588