Your Rights and Responsibilities:
As our client, you have the right to:
- have control over your own life and have a say in the services that affect you
- participate in decisions concerning the type of assistance provided and the manner in which it is provided
- assistance which is appropriate to your expressed needs, and is flexible in response to your changing needs and priorities
- not to be discriminated against on grounds of sex, race, culture, language, religion, marital status, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- expect assistance that is reliable, of high quality, culturally and linguistically relevant access any of your information held in Kempsey Families Inc. records
- have grievances about service delivery heard and dealt with in a fair and objective manner
- determine whether or not to be a client of the service and to be treated with respect for your individuality privacy, safety, dignity, courtesy and confidentiality.
- full information which will assist you in making informed decisions about yourself and your family
Please Note: Kempsey Families Inc. is committed to providing all service users with quality service and maintaining individual’s privacy and confidentiality. If an agency is making a referral the person’s permission to disclose the information is required. Please sign consent for referrals as required information about the role of the worker you meet and of the agency they represent
Kempsey Families Inc. asks clients to observe the following responsibilities:
- to treat staff with the same respect and dignity accorded themselves.
- to notify staff if they cannot attend appointments
- to provide staff with all information necessary to provide a suitable support arrangement. This may include any current Court or Statutory Orders in relation to Child Safety, Justice, Domestic Violence Orders.
- to provide the details of the order/s and any changes that may occur in relation to start and expiry date and conditions for both the client and relevant other parties
- to communicate clearly with their caseworker and voice any concerns or grievances.
- Your feedback is valued. You have the right to make a complaint if you are not happy with the way the organisation is run or the support you receive. This would be directed to the Service Manager. If you make a complaint, we will deal with your complaint confidentially, fairly and quickly.
- to participate in programs they decide to accept as clients of the service
to take responsibility to make positive change to their lives.
- To alert staff or the management committee of differences or conflict in the service delivery rather than keep quiet or avoid the issue until it is out of control
Kempsey Families Inc. treats personal information about clients in a confidential manner that respects their privacy. Care is taken to ensure that personal information is stored and disposed of in a safe and secure way.
In order to best support you, Kempsey Families Inc may need to contact other services and share information about you. We will always try to let you know when we do this and what services we will be contacting.
Release and exchange of personal information only occurs with knowledge and permission of the client or legal guardian unless overridden by our duty of care.
Kempsey Family Support Workers are Mandatory Reporters under Child Protection legislation. This means we MUST lodge a report to Community Services if we know or suspect that a child or young person is at risk of significant harm. When lodging these reports our focus will always be to keep you and your children safe and help you access the support services you want and are entitled to.
We provide statistics to keep the government informed for future programs and funding.
The data we send does not contain your name and is combined with other clients’ information. It is used for statistical purposes only. You can nominate for some information not to be recorded.
You will still receive the same level of service from Kempsey Families Inc. if you do not give consent.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES OR NEED ANY EXTRA INFORMATION